Lot’s of our customers want to know how to lower heating bill in the winter.
While you can't avoid using heat in winter, homeowners can take simple and inexpensive steps to save energy and cut home heating costs.
Heat: it's the single largest energy expense in your home according to ENERGY STAR™, a program of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
I was shocked when I saw it…
It was just in time for Christmas but it definitely wasn’t a “gift” by any sense of the word.
It was a heating bill just under $700!
It was a few years ago and but I’ll never forget the feeling of seeing a huge heating bill in the mail.
So with this article, We’ll go over 8 simple tricks to lower your heating bill this winter.
8 Tricks To Keep Your Heating Bill In Check
8. Buy A Humidifier: A humidifier puts moisture into the air, which also makes it feel warmer.
7. Seal your ducts: Your Duct system loses a lot of the heat it could be delivering due to holes, poor connections and leaks. Reseal your system with foil tape keep the heat from escaping.
6. Heat only were its needed: This one is so simple yet so easy to forget. You can save big simply by shutting the doors and vents in the rooms that you aren’t using.
5. Curtains and Sunlight: Letting in sunlight during the day can ease the pressure of warming your home during the day, just remember to pull the curtains at night to help insulate the windows.
4. Get Smart: A smart thermostat can regulate the temperature of your house throughout the day. You can program it to lower the temperature while you’re away or sleeping to save as much as $180 annually, according to ENERGY STAR.
3. Push Hot Air Down: Did you know that a ceiling fan spinning clockwise can help push the warm air down and pull the cold air up to the ceiling? Try this one next get more use out of the heat you already use.
2. Weather stripping: Putting weather stripping and plastic film on your windows and doors can cut down your home’s heat loss by up to 12%
1. Fine tune your furnace: Change those filters and get an inspection for your furnace to ensure that your furnace is running smoothly, which can also help reduce the cost of heating.
Try these hacks if you want to save on your heating costs this winter.