Independence Day is just 2 days away and if you’re like most people, you probably can’t wait for the barbecue, fun and fireworks.
And before Independence day kicks into high gear, we want to make sure to give you a few safety tips for fireworks to make sure you take precautions for fourth of July.
As you know, playing with fireworks is a very dangerous thing and it’s important that you share these firework safety tips with your friends and family before lighting fireworks.
Here’s a short news clip of what could happen if an accident happens with fireworks...
Safety tips for when using fireworks:
1. Put sparklers in a bucket of water once they are out. They can still cause burns when they are no longer lit.
2. Stay away from ground-based sparkler devices
3. If a sparkler or fireworks does not go off, douse it with water before handling it.
4. Keep a safe distance from any display, yours or a professional one, just in case something goes wrong.
5. Do not pick up any debris with your hands before it has cooled or been doused in water
*For more safety tips, visit the National Council on Fireworks Safety’s website here.
We hope you and your family have a safe and fun 4th of july.
For info about each cities fireworks laws read more on wtkr.com